Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Derby Day

Happy Tuesday!  I hope you're having a great week so far.  The weather has been great and I think the heat is here to stay!

I thought I'd share my Derby Day outfit from last Saturday.  Fiance' and I had a Derby Party and it was so much fun!  As I've said before, I love any excuse to dress up, eat good food, and spend time with friends and this party was the best!


My dress was by Mud Pie and was blue and white chevron with a red, tunic style neckline and hem and a red sash at the waist. (Link to Dress)  

My hat is from J.Crew and I've had it for about 8 years.  I've worn it just about everywhere: Derby Parties, Carolina Cup, golf tournaments...it's $34.50 right now and I think it's worth every penny. (You can click the hat to go to the website! Fancy, right?)


I've mentioned my necklace before. It's by C.Wonder and it is my go-to gold necklace.  I love it!

You can't see my shoes in the picture, but I wore Lilly Pulitzer McKim Wedge Sandals in navy.  These add just enough height without making you feel like you're going to topple over!  I thought I'd branch out from my faithful, gold Jack Rogers wedges.  (Click on the shoes to go to the Lilly Pulitzer website.)


My outfit was comfortable and not too fussy, which is important when hosting a party.  You want to be able to enjoy the party and spending time with your guests, rather than tugging at your dress or tripping over your shoes.

I'm going to leave you with a picture of the cutest Scottie Dog in the world, Beauregard, in his Derby Day attire.  Have a great night!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS