Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Happy Mardi Gras, Y'all

Happy Mardi Gras!!  Mardi Gras has to be one of my favorite holidays (after Christmas and Easter) and New Orleans has to be one of my favorite cities.  I love any excuse to dress up in sequins, feathers, rhinestones, and beads and eat delicious food with family and friends.

Every year, my family celebrates Mardi Gras with a delicious King Cake from Haydel's Bakery in New Orleans. The cake comes with Mardi Gras trinkets and souvenirs and its a great gift for family and friends who like to celebrate this festive holiday!

King Cake from Haydel's Bakery

This year, my fiance' and I picked up a King Cake from the grocery store (we forgot to order one from Haydel's) and it was yummy but I think my favorite part was the packaging.....


....and the baby hanging out on top of the cake instead of the inside.

I hope you have a very Happy Mardi Gras and remember, when you Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler, please don't eat the baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS